- Brocade HyperEdge Architecture now includes scale-out networking with the Brocade ICX 7750-based distributed chassis solution.
- New enterprise stackable Brocade ICX 7450 Switch delivers premium capabilities and ultimate flexibility.
- OpenFlow 1.3 support in the Brocade ICX product family extends SDN capabilities from the data centre to the end user, offering an end-to-end solution.
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) announced advancements to The Effortless Network™ strategy, enabled by Brocade® HyperEdge® Architecture, including scale-out networking with the Brocade ICX® 7750-based distributed chassis solution, the new Brocade ICX 7450 enterprise campus stackable switch, and the availability of OpenFlow 1.3 support for emerging campus Software-Defined Networking (SDN) applications. These new enhancements allow customers to transform their edge networks to support mobility, social, and cloud data traffic as they transition to the New IP.
“Campus customers require a high-performance network infrastructure that is future-proof, that is simple to provision and manage, and that can scale at the speed of business. The latest innovations in the Brocade ICX portfolio significantly advance these capabilities and ensure that customers are prepared for the New IP,” said Jason Nolet, Brocade Vice President of Switching, Routing, and Analytics products.
Campus network requirements are evolving rapidly, driven by the mainstream adoption of modern business applications such as video conferencing and virtual desktop infrastructure. Unfortunately, legacy networks are not equipped to handle the increased performance demands and advanced requirements, including the ability to deliver power to high-definition displays directly from the switch that these new applications impose. The Brocade ICX 7450 is purpose-built to support these modern environments with industry-leading scalability, premium enterprise capabilities, and simplified management.
Highlights of the Expanded Brocade Campus Strategy:
New Distributed Chassis Technology and Expanded HyperEdge Architecture Options Available with the Brocade ICX 7750
- Offers unprecedented 10/40 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) port density and high availability in a fixed platform combined with a distributed deployment architecture to eliminate the need for expensive and rigid chassis solutions
- Delivers a scale-out architecture enabling up to 12 Brocade ICX 7750 switches to be stacked across the campus in a more flexible topology for network aggregation and core layers
- Provides consolidated management touch points and support for SDN to automate network configuration tasks, resulting in 75 percent lower operational cost compared to legacy campus networks
New Brocade ICX 7450 Switch Brings Flexible Scalability to the Network Edge
- Delivers market-leading stacking scalability with up to 12 switches per stack, 160 Gbps of stacking bandwidth, and long-distance stacking using open-standards QSFP+ ports to enable single-point management across the campus
- Provides a unique modular design with three expansion slots for a choice of 1, 10, or 40 GbE uplinks, offering ultimate flexibility and pay-as-you-grow scalability
- Offers Power over HDBaseT (PoH), to power video surveillance and video conferencing equipment, VDI terminals, and HD displays directly from the switch
OpenFlow 1.3 Support for the Brocade ICX Product Family Enables End-to-End SDN Initiatives
- Brocade OpenFlow Hybrid Port Mode supports both OpenFlow forwarding and normal routing traffic forwarding, enabling a seamless transition to real-world SDN deployment
- OpenFlow is universally supported in Brocade ICX switches whether deployed individually, in mixed stacks, or in distributed stacks for SDN implementation flexibility across wiring closets
- Campus customers can build a reliable SDN network that has been certified with the OpenDaylight-based Brocade Vyatta® Controller and emerging SDN applications
Brocade and Aruba Combine Forces for Open Standards-Based Unified Wired and Wireless Network Access
- Joint product development efforts yield new product releases of Brocade Network Advisor 12.3, Aruba Airwave 8.0, and Brocade FastIron® 8.0.20 with Aruba ClearPass CoA support–all ICX products now fully supporting the combined Brocade/Aruba integrated portfolios
- Combined solution delivers unified wired and wireless policy enforcement as well as network monitoring capabilities
- Brocade and Aruba share a common vision for SDN-enabled wired/wireless integration in the campus using open standards
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world’s leading organisations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere.