The Kenton Group’s technology partner Raisecom launches the iTN221, a compact and economical multi-service access platform.
Utilities and Transportation networks operating mission critical applications are often running legacy low-speed equipment that needs to be maintained and supported, even as core networks are increasingly migrated to low cost Ethernet and IP. Raisecom’s new iTN221 allows them to support their legacy equipment and transport it over any next-generation network they choose, while meeting the resiliency requirements of mission critical networks.
The iTN221 is the most flexible, compact and economical TDM & packet multi-service access platform on the market. Only 1.5U, the new temperature hardened iTN221 can transport legacy traffic, voice, E1s, Ethernet or teleprotection over SDH or packet(MPLS-TP) with resiliency.
Initial interest from both utilities and transportation customers for this new compact and economical multi-service access platform is high and the platform is being tested in networks of leading companies around the globe.
- Flexible multi-service access platform supports any port typically used by utilities including E1, ETH, ETH (with PoE), Voice (FXS/FXO/E&M), RS232, V35, G703 (64K) and Teleprotection ( C37.94).
- Transport traffic over any core with support for TDM/SDH and MPLS-TP or Carrier Ethernet.
- Compact and ruggedised 1.5U device, ideal platform for any utility or transportation deployment with extended temperature support (-20 to 65).
- High resiliency achieved through APS 1+1/SNCP path protection for SDH and LAG/G.8031 and G.8032 for the PTN.
- Assured migration of time sensitive TDM traffic to packet with Sync-E and 1588-TC
- Built in cross connect of 64K DSO enables and granular packetisation of low speed traffic
- Transport TDM over packet seamlessly with a CESoPSN/SAToP pseudowire engine
- Price competitive
Standard Compliant with:
CE, UL , EN 50121-4 , IEC61000-4-2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9,11/12/13/14,29 IEC61850-3
The Kenton Group are a distributor of Raisecom products. For more information contact +44(0)1322 552000 or email us.