Brocade ICX 6450 Features Add Security and Certifications for Public Sector
Small, fan-less and completely silent, the Brocade ICX 6450-C Switch can be deployed outside the wiring closet without interfering with work activity in areas.
SAN JOSE, CA–(Marketwired – Oct 8, 2013) – Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) has announced an addition to the company’s campus networking portfolio with the Brocade® ICX® 6450-C Switch, which delivers enterprise-class features in a compact form, and supports the simplification and automation provided by the Brocade HyperEdge™ Architecture. Executing on the company’s strategy to deliver innovation for specific customer segments, the Brocade ICX 6450-C is designed for the unique and stringent requirements of US Federal agencies and public sector organisations.
The Brocade ICX 6450-C further expands the company’s comprehensive core-to-edge switch portfolio, a key factor in the recent announcement with Aruba to deliver secure integrated wired and wireless mobility solutions for enterprise and public sector customers based on open standards and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) principles. This integrated solution enables Federal agencies to deploy a secure, modern, enterprise network that is simple to maintain and responsive to the evolving needs of warfighter and civilian missions through operational efficiency and optimal total cost of ownership (TCO).
What’s new for the Brocade ICX 6450-C:
Enterprise-class networking switch in a compact form factor
- Small, fan-less and completely silent.
- Can be deployed outside the wiring closet without interfering with work activity in areas.
- Runs the same software as the rest of the Brocade ICX and Brocade FCX switch families.
- Enterprise-class CLI and management features for full functionality, enabling advanced management through Brocade Network Advisor.
- With Layer 3 and GRE tunnel support, a fan-less design and Power over Ethernet (PoE), the switch can be easy deployed in work environments or remote locations.
Designed and optimised for the stringent requirements of US Federal agencies
- MACsec-ready for improved security to protect sensitive information moving across networks.
- Manufactured in the US to meet federal regulations.
- In process to receive the Joint Interoperability Test Command Approved Product List (JITC APL) Certification, joining the rest of the Brocade ICX switch family.
Other technical specifications:
- 12 × 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports
- 4 × 1 GbE Uplinks (2x RJ45 + 2x SFP)
- 4 × PoE/PoE+ ports
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) hardware-ready sFlow-enabled for high-performance network monitoring
Anthony Robbins, Vice President Federal, Brocade
“Reinforcing the Brocade ICX portfolio, the Brocade ICX 6450-C Switch — combined with its support for the Brocade HyperEdge Architecture — is a diverse, efficient asset to any organization’s network. It’s secure, compact and cost-efficient, making it an easy choice for public sector and government IT professionals looking to modernize their networks.”
Joel Gerber, IT Director, Tri-County Electric Cooperative
“The Brocade ICX 6450-C Compact Switch is everything we were looking for. It enables Tri-County Electric Cooperative to extend our network throughout the power distribution grid, it can be deployed in a range of locations, and it provides the availability and reliability we expect from Brocade switches. In this era of heightened security risk, the security features and enterprise manageability were critical in our decision to choose the Brocade ICX 6450-C Switch.”
Hugh Hayes, Senior Vice President Sales, Alliance Technology Group
“Brocade really understands our customers in the Federal market and the unique IT challenges they are faced with each day. We want to help our customers overcome their biggest obstacles, be it transitioning to the cloud or tackling the onslaught of mobile devices. Brocade’s campus networking portfolio delivers enterprise-class features and supports the simplification and automation that we strive to deliver.”
Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD) networking solutions help the world’s leading organisations transition smoothly to a world where applications and information reside anywhere.