The ION 3230 Series of Network Interface Devices (NIDs) are multi-service NIDs that provide SLA-assurance and advance fault management that is compliant with MEF and IEEE standards. The ION 3230 Series are designed for business Ethernet and mobile backhaul deployments. The ION S3230 Series are MEF 9, 14 & 21 certified. The ION 3230 Series is a 10/100/1000Mbps product with advance features including - IEEE 802.1ag Service OAM, IEEE 802.3ah Link OAM, ITU Y.1731 Performance Monitoring, VLAN, QoS, SSH/SSL, jumbo frame support and bandwidth allocation.
- 802.3ah Link OAM
- 802.1ag Service OAM - Maximum of 16 VLANs per port with all 8 MEG levels supported on each port
- ITU Y.1731
- 10 K Jumbo Frame Support
- Two selectable Remote Management modes: - IP-Based Remote Management - In-Band OAM 802.3ah (remote device managed by local peer)
- AutoCross™. Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u). Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- Pause (IEEE 802.3xy). Pause signaling is an IEEE feature that temporarily suspends data transmission between two devices in the event that one of the devices becomes overwhelmed.
- Transparent Link Pass Through sends a link-loss signal over the fiber, instructing the remote converter to shut down the copper port—thus notifying the end device—while maintaining the fiber link between the two converters.
- Far End Fault (FEF). A troubleshooting feature that is generally used in conjunction with Link Pass Through to notify both end devices of a loss of link.
- Remote Loopback. This feature puts a converter in a special mode that enables the device to loop back the signal from the RX port to the TX port on either media for testing and troubleshooting purposes.
- Remote Firmware Upgrade
- IEEE 802.1p QoS packet classification
- Ipv4 IP TOS, DiffDerv and IPv6 traffic class QoS classification
- IEEE 802.1q VLAN and double VLAN tagging with 4096 VIDs
- VLAN Tunneling
- DHCP client
- IEEE 802.1x
- RADIUS client
- RMON counters for each port
- Bandwidth profiling
- DMI Optical Management
- Cable diagnostic function for TP ports
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Web management
- Focal Point Management
- SNMP v1 & v2c
- USB port for basic setup
- Management VLAN
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio