Enables enterprises to provide power to network devices over the existing CAT5 data connection.
Transition's AC powered PoE media converters combine data received over a fiber optic link with - 48VDC power; providing power to Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) Power Devices (PD)over unshielded twisted pair cable. The PoE converters are Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) and are fully compatible with Powered Devices (PD) that comply with the IEEE802.3afâ„˘: 2003 standard. The converters also include a PD signature sensing and power monitoring features per the IEEE 802.3af standard. Other features include Over-Current Protection, Under-Current Detection and Fault Protection Input.
This feature enhanced model offers the ability to enable/disable many of the features as well as force port capabilities (see switch section under specifications to the right).
In addition, with the PSE/LPT switch enabled, a loss of Fiber RX will disable PSE power output on the UTP port for 2 seconds to allow remote device to re-initialise. Also known as Powered Device Reset.
The PoE converter is fully compatible with devices that comply with the IEEE802.3af standard as well as select legacy PD's. The PoE converter is capable of inserting power on data pairs or spare pairs of the MDI.
- SFP ports support either 100Base or 1000Base fiber
- Redundant SFP port option
- IEEE802.3af Power-over-Ethernet Compatible
- 48 VDC PSE Output Voltage
- Signal Pair or Spare Pair Power Insertion
- PD Detection Signature
- POE Legacy Detect for non-IEEE 802.3af compatible Powered Devices (PD)
- Over-Current Protection & Under-Current Detection
- Powered Device Reset
- Switch selectable features and port settings
- Minimum Load Sensing
- Fault Protection Input
- AutoCrossâ„˘ Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Link Pass Through available on SGPOE10xx-100. Link Pass Through is a troubleshooting feature that allows the media converter to monitor both the fiber and copper RX ports for loss of signal
- Automatic Link Restoration. Transition Networks's converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
- External AC power supply
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio