- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u). Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- AutoCross. Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Far End Fault (FEF). A troubleshooting feature that is generally used in conjunction with Link Pass Through to notify both end devices of a loss of link.
- Transparent Link Pass Through. Transparent Link Pass Through sends a link-loss signal over the fiber, instructing the remote converter to shut down the copper port thus notifying the end device while maintaining the fiber link between the two converters.
- Bandwidth Allocation. An important feature found on select converters which allows network administrators to set the bandwidth of the converter to 64KB increments via SNMP management.
- Loopback. This feature puts a converter in a special mode that enables the device to loop back the signal from the RX port to the TX port on either media for testing and troubleshooting purposes.
- Last Gasp. This feature enables the device to store a small amount of power to enable it to send out an SNMP trap to alert the management console in the event of a power failure.
- Remote Management. Select stand-alone converters can be managed through SNMP when used in conjunction with a chassis based converter.
- Automatic Link Restoration. Transition Networks's converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
- Remote Firmware Upgrade
- Link Test
- Last Gasp power failure of remote unit
- Copper Link Status of local and remote unit
- Copper Speed Status of local and remote units
- Ingress rate limiting on local unit
- Fiber Link Status of local and remote units
- Fiber Duplex of local and remote units
- Fiber Loop Back status of remote unit
- AutoCross status of local and remote units
- Hardware or Software mode status of local and remote units
- Central or Terminal mode status of local and remote units
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio