19-Slot Chassis for The ION Platform
The ION219-x is an all new intelligent, high-density, multi-protocol system supporting a variety of network interface devices . Designed for both carrier class and enterprise network applications where multiple points of fiber integration and secure network management of the fiber interface devices is essential. An end-to-end fiber integration solution can be achieve by pairing the modules in a high density ION chassis with the modules in another ION chassis, an ION stand-alone, or a Transition Networks' Point Systemâ„˘ stand-alone device. To take full advantage of all the features and functions available with the ION Chassis, an ION Management Module is required. The ION Management Module connects to the chassis backplane and communicates with the individual cards in the ION Chassis. Each slide-in-module for the ION Chassis has specific features and functions that are controlled via the ION Management Module. A network administrator can configure, monitor and troubleshoot ION slide-in-modules remotely via the ION Management Module.
Transition Networks understands that no network is managed in the same manner and that different security levels and management interfaces are often required depending on the deployment of the ION Chassis. With that in mind, the ION Platform has been designed to be one of the most versatile and secure fiber intergration systems available today.
- Web-browser: Access the ION Management Module using a standard web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): CLI access can be done via telnet remotely or via the local console port on the ION Management Module.
- SNMP: Since the ION platform is based on public MIBs you can easily manage the ION with a standard network management system (NMS) such as SNMPc, HPOV or any other standard SNMP platform.
- Focal Point: Transition Networks offers a free SNMP graphical user interface(GUI) software (Focal Point) for the management purposes. Focal Point offers full read and read/write capabilities in a user friendly GUI.
When the optional management module is used, the following security features are available, allowing you to control access to the ION Chassis via the ION Management Module. Ensuring that only authorized personnel are able to view and change the settings to the slide-in-modules.
- Management VLAN
- SNMPv1 & v2
- (v3 via future firmware upgrade)
Key Management Features
- Variety of management access methods including; telnet, web, SNMP
- Single slot design allows for more slide-in-modules to be inserted in the ION Chassis
- Management VLAN
- Based on Public MIBs
- 2 10/100 Ethernet interfaces
- USB console port
- TFTP upgrade/backup of slide-in-modules
- Import/Export configuration files in human readable / editable format
- Multiple community strings
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio