The 8820 DSLAM is a standards-based, scalable, high-capacity DLSAM that utilizes the latest switching fabric enabling service providers to offer voice, video, and data services from a single platform. The 8820's flexibility lets you meet market demand for multiple services, providing significant revenue generation.
As network models evolve from traditional TDM voice and high-speed Internet access to IP enabled triple play systems, the 8820 enables this capability with unsurpassed flexibility. Support for ADSL, ADSL2, ADSL2+, T1, E1, ReachDSL, SHDSL, TDM SHDSL and TDM SDSL from one platform allows service providers to add services types by simply adding the appropriate line card to an existing DSLAM. With the 8820s multiservice capability, service providers can economically deliver high-speed broadband services to all subscribers, no matter what their needs are.
The 8820 DSLAM is a carrier class access platform supporting full QoS (Quality of Service) in ATM or IP environments. For IP based networks, the 8820 supports 802.1p to ensure prioritization for voice and video, as well as proper handling of best effort traffic. In an ATM network, the 8820 supports four service categories; CBR, VBR-rt, VBR-nrt, and UBR. Having this granularity for ATM or IP network models means service providers can support all applications from POTS, to video, to best effort data applications, while guaranteeing QoS.
- Support for up to 864 ports from a single chassis with a wide variety of uplinks
- Supports T1, E1, ADSL2+ (Annex M), SHDSL, or ReachDSL in any line card slot for voice, data, and video applications from a single platform
- Support of Single Ended Loop Test (SELT) & Dual Ended Loop Test (DELT)
- Carrier-class, fault tolerant design maximizes network availability and reliability
- Innovative design supports ATM and IP from a single platform for migration from ATM to IP for investment protection
- Full QoS support for mission critical for ATM and IP applications
- Web-based, command line and full SNMP support
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 24.5in x 17.20in x 11.5 in (HxWxD)
- 62.2cm x 43.7cm x 29.2cm (HxWxD)
- 49lbs (22.3kg) (no cards)
- Input Power: -42 to -72VDC
- Redundant power modules: front and rear accessable
- Uplink: 10/100/1000BT, Fiber GigE, OC3/STM1, T1/E1 IMA, DS3, E3
- Line Cards: SHDSL, ADSL2+, ReachDSL, T1, E1
- ADSL: ITU G.992.1 (G.DMT), ITU G.992.2 (G.lite), ITU G.992.3 (G.DMT.BIS), ITU G.992.5 (ADSL2+), ITU G.994.1 (G.hs), ITU G.997.1, Annex A, Annex B, Annex M
- SHDSL: ITU G.991.2, ITU G.994.1 (G.hs), ITU G.997.1
- T1/E1: T1.403_1999, G.703, G.704
ATM Features / Specifications:
- 8192 VCs per system, UNI 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, QOS: UBR, VBR-rt, VBR-nrt, CBR, Full VPI / VCI range, Traffic policing per TM 4.1, Traffic shaping, VC and VP switching, IMA version 1.0 and 1.1
IP Features / Specifications:
- IGMP Snooping, Multicast, 802.1Q VLAN, 802.1p Priority Queuing, RFC 1483/2684 Bridged Encapsulation, Address filtering, Secure forwarding, DHCP Snooping, Proxy ARP, PPPoA and PPPoE
- SNMP V1, V2, V3, MIB-II (RFC1213, RFC1573), ATM MIB (RFC2515), M4 MIB (ATM Forum SNMP M4 Network Element View), IMA MIB (AF-PHY-0086.1), DS1/E1 MIB (RFC 2495), Zhone Enterprise MIB
- NEBS (GR-63-CORE, GR-1089-CORE), UL 60950 3rd Edition, (Safety Standard), CSA 60950-00 (Safety Standard), ICES-003 Class A (Canadian Emission Standard), Industry Canada CS-03 Certified, CE (Emissions and Immunity per ETSI EN 300 386-2), EN 60950, VCCI Class A, FCC Part 15 Class A, EN 55022, Class A
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to 65°C
- Storage Temperature : -40°C to 80°C
- Relative Humidity : 5% to 95%
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio