The ASMi-52L SHDSL Ethernet modem transmits serial, Ethernet or E1 data streams on an SHDSL link at various data rates over a range up to 10 km (6.2 miles). Using TC-PAM technology for extending transmission range, the ASMi-52L SHDSL Ethernet modem enables carriers to cost-effectively reach more users with copper lines at higher data rates over larger distances in the Last Mile.
The attractively priced ASMi-52L SHDSL Ethernet modem is optimized for applications that require only a single V.35, X.21, E1 or Ethernet user port but also features a version with a built-in 10/100BaseT switch with up to four Ethernet ports and transparent VLAN support. Typical applications include cost-effective extension of Ethernet, E1 and serial data for municipalities, utilities, corporate connectivity, and cellular backhaul.
For more information, download the Data Sheet.
- Service extension over any copper infrastructure
- Compatible with SHDSL repeaters, enabling long-distance applications
- Utilizes TC-PAM line coding for extending the operation range up to 10 km (6.2 miles) without repeaters
- Comprehensive diagnostics include real-time alarms, loopbacks, and SHDSL performance monitoring
- Supports dry contact applications such as SCADA
- Reliable performance over poor quality or noisy lines
- Automatic configuration allows plug-and-play installation
The ASMi-52L SHDSL modem uses TC PAM-16 line coding SHDSL technology to extend the range of digital interfaces. The ASMi-52L SHDSL modem offers longer distances and variable data rates up to 2.3 Mbps over 2-wire and 4.6 Mbps over 4-wire.
Cost-effective Ethernet extension
The attractively priced ASMi-52L SHDSL modem has been optimized for applications requiring only a single user port. The modem offers a variety of interfaces: V.35, X.21, E1, 10/100BaseT bridge with VLAN support or four-port 10/100BaseT bridge with VLAN support). The ASMi-52L SHDSL modem extends the range of 2 Mbps data transmission more than 4 km over 2-wire or 4-wire cable. The maximum transmission rage is 10 km (6.2 miles) over 24 AWG.
The ASMi-52L is compatible with 2/4-wire repeaters, such as RAD’s S-RPT, for supporting even longer-range applications. It also works opposite RAD’s LRS-24 modem rackDXC, and Megaplex SHDSL modules. Monitoring, control and diagnostics of local and remote units are available via a supervisory port. Standards compliance enables the ASMi-52 modem to work opposite third-party TDM equipment that supports the SHDSL standard. The ASMi-52L SHDSL modem is available as a standalone unit or as a card for the LRS-24 19-inch rack with central SNMP management. It is also available in a rugged metal enclosure designed for easy installation on cabinet rail mounts that meet the EN 50121-4 industry standard. The management connection to the standalone unit is operated via the V.24/RS-232 port using SLIP protocol.
- Data rates between 64 kbps and 4608 kbps.
- Interfaces: X.21, V.35, E1, or 10/100BaseT with option for four ports and integrated LAN switch
- Complies with ITU-T G.991.2 and ETSI 101524 standards for SHDSL
- Operates at multiple data rates between 64 kbps and 4608 kbps enabling single-platform system upgrades
- Operates opposite RAD’s LRS-24, DXC, and Megaplex modules as well as third-party equipment
- Managed by SNMP, Telnet or ASCII terminal
- Available as a chassis card, 1U half 19” enclosure, or rail mount
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio