MetroNID units help you to optimize and accelerate your services, protect your core network capacity, and deliver best-in-class QoS end-to-end. Whether they act as service creation device or as an SLA Assurance Demarcation, at gigabit Ethernet wire-speed, they illuminate dark-fibre networks with standards-based OAM, intelligent layer 1-4 loopback and in-service RFC-2544 performance testing – without adding delay or delay variation to customer traffic.”
Proprietary Hardware Design
- 1 ÎĽs measurement resolution
- Ultra-low delay performance
- Ideal for assuring real-time services
Service Assurance and Creation Features
- Establish SLA-backed Ethernet services, point-to-point and multi-point
- Enhanced fast and flexible service creation by shaping, policing, and mapping any VLAN IDs to the same EVC.
- 1-way delay and delay variation, throughput, packet loss, continuity and usage statistics
At the core of the MetroNID® is Accedian's unique Fast-PAAsâ„˘ hardware-based processor which enables the unit to provide microsecond measurement resolution for one-way delay and delay variation, and monitor up to 100 flows or SLAs - all while traffic flows transparently through the unit. The Fast-PAAs silicon core architecture eliminates the delay of store-and-forward processing of Ethernet switches and routers, providing the lowest delay solution available today. With quality of service (QoS) marking, bandwidth profile enforcement and traffic conditioning on the highest capacity network links, the MetroNID effortlessly handles 100 flows in a full line-rate link with mere microsecond transit time.
- End-to-End OAM Functionality. Intelligent, standards-based Operations, Administration and Management
- Throughput SLA Meterâ„˘ Performance Monitoring. Monitor continuity and measure delay, delay variation, frame loss and availability, including 1-way performance validation with microsecond resolution.
- Intelligent Layer 1, 2, 3 and 4 Loopbacks. In-service Layer 1-2-3-4 loopbacks per-flow, defined by VLAN, Class of Service, MAC / IP addresses or any combination of layer 2-4 header criteria.
- In-Service Throughput Testing. Verification of EVCs in-service without affecting customer traffic, traffic flow generation and analysis up to full wire-speed at both layer 2 and 3.
- RFC-2544 Automated Test Suite & Reports. Throughput measurement and diagnosis, delay, delay variation, frame loss, advanced test suite based on the RFC-2544 standard.
- Per-Flow Statistics. Real-time statistics of any Layer 2-3 and4 flow (VLAN, ToS, CoS, MAC, IP, TCP/UDP).
- Tapping & Monitoring. Single or dual monitor ports, filtered, real-time access to unidirectional or bidirectional traffic.
Service Creation & Traffic Conditioning
- Ethernet Service Mapping. E-Line, E-LAN and E-Tree service creation directly at the demarcation point, fast and flexible VLAN to EVC mapping enables mapping an arbitrary set of VLANs to the same EVC.
- Bandwidth Policing. Upstream and downstream CIR/EIR/EBS/CBS limits by filtering criteria or for all traffic, facilitates Carrier Ethernet service provisioning and on-demand/incremental service upgrades.
- Zero-Delay Traffic Shaping. Pre-conditioning accelerates services and optimises access link bandwidth use, Fast-PAAs passes highest-priority traffic without added delay or delay variation, other traffic buffered until capacity is available
- Wire-speed Traffic Filtering. Filtering of wire speed traffic at Layer 2-3 and-4 (per VLAN, Ethertype, Protocol type, MAC, IP, L2CP, BDPU, User Defined).
- Switch-Free Aggregation. Delay-free, multi-port aggregation from up to 3 ports to a single GbE, or from 2 GbE's to a single GbE or protected pair, de-aggregate by VLAN, or any combination of Layer 2, 3 and 4 frame criteria.
Management & General Details
- Plug & Goâ„˘ Instant Provisioning. Automated zero-touch provisioning, auto-configuration and inventory tracking.
- Integrated SyncE PHY
- RADIUS Authentication and Security Support
- Jumbo Fames Support
- 5VDC, or dual 24 / 48 VDC feeds, all mutually redundant
- SNMP v1 & v2c
- MEF 9+14 and NEBS Level 3 Certified
- Temperature Hardened Option
- 1:1 Network and Client Link Protection
- Copper Failover Bypass Circuit (On select MetroNID models)
- Test Set Support & Triple-Play QoS Testing
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio