RAD's Airmux-5000 carrier-class point-to-multipoint Ethernet radio system is the ideal wireless solution for business access users demanding high-capacity throughput with guaranteed bandwidth and Service level Agreement (SLA) per subscriber. Featuring up to 100 Mbps (symmetrical) full duplex sector capacity and shared base station architecture, a single Airmux-5000 base station supports up to 16 remote Subscriber Units (SUs) with multi-band operation over 4.9 to 6 GHz frequencies.
The Airmux-5000 delivers optimal radio performance with advanced OFDM and MIMO, enhanced interference mitigation, inter- and intra-site synchronisation, dedicated traffic bandwidth allocation, and low latency, making it ideal for:
- Service providers and ISPs, offering IP backhaul and 4G/broadband access for remote, rural and underserved communities
- Private networks, requiring high-capacity inter-branch connectivity for university campuses, health care organisations, government institutions, large enterprises and public establishments
- Security and surveillance applications, requiring aggregation and backhaul of traffic from multiple colocated HD cameras
- Fast and easy deployments with user-friendly installation and alignment tools
- Guaranteed bandwidth with dedicated channels and Service level Agreement per subscriber
- OFDM/MIMO ensure high spectral efficiency and robust performance, even in nLOS/NLOS (no line of sight/near line of sight) installations, strong RF interference, or harsh ambient conditions
- Advanced synchronisation features support simultaneous transmission from up to 16 remote units
- Shared Base Station architecture delivers low-cost per subscriber
- Point-to-Point performance in a Point-to-Multipoint Ethernet radio
The Airmux-5000 point-to-multipoint Ethernet radio system offers high throughput, guaranteed bandwidth, robust performance, and cost-effective installations, which present an ideal solution for cellular backhaul, WiMAX and ISP backhaul, and broadband wireless access, as well as for large private and government networks. It is designed to support voice, data and high resolution video applications, as well as business-grade Ethernet VPN services with differentiated QoS capabilities.
Superior spectral efficiency
The Airmux-5000 delivers optimal performance and unmatched robustness in all environments based on its advanced MIMO and OFDM technologies. Delivering the highest spectrum efficiency available in the market, it facilitates transmission of greater throughput over smaller channel bandwidth. High spectrum efficiency results in additional network revenue and performance, reduction of spectrum license fee and increased flexibility in frequency planning and channel selection.
Secured Service Level Agreement for Demanding Applications
Airmux-5000 HPMP (high capacity point to multipoint) uniquely secures available bandwidth per end user, guaranteeing SLA for business clients and demanding applications. RAD provides a novel approach that prevents a Subscriber Unit (SU), suffering from inferior transmission performance, from negatively impacting available capacity of other SUs that share the same sector.
Management and installation tools
The RADview-EMS SNMP fault management application provides an easy-to-use tool for deploying and managing multiple links from a central platform.
- Multiband operation over 2.5 GHz, 3.3 to 3.8 GHz and 4.8 to 6 GHz in a single device
- Up to 200 Mbps aggregated throughput full duplex (symmetrical)
- Up to 32 remote subscriber units per sector with aggregated throughputs of 5, 10, 20 and 50 Mbps
- 20 MHz channel bandwidth
- OFDM, MIMO and NLOS capabilities
- Range up to 40 km (25 miles)
- Intra- and inter-site TDD synchronisation using Hub-site synchronisation (HSS) and GPS
- Low constant latency – 4 to 10 msec typical under full sector load
- Small form factor ODU saves valuable tower space
- SNMP-based network management using RADview-EMS application
- Meets FCC/ETSI/WPC/UNI /MII regulations
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio