The ASMi-54L is a 2/4-wire managed SHDSL.bis modem transporting Ethernet and E1 traffic at high speed over multi-pair copper links. Using EFM bonding, the SHDSL.bis modem provides data access rates of up to 5.7 Mbps over 2 wire and 11.4 Mbps over 4-wire lines. Alternatively, RAD's high performance SHDSL technology supports increased throughput for Ethernet services of 15 Mbps over a 2-wire line. The device complements the 22.8 Mbps ASMi-54 8-wire modem, providing a cost-effective solution for SHDSL.bis access at medium rates.
The ASMi-54L is ideal for carriers, service providers and mobile operators, as well as corporate, utilities and transportation companies looking for economical delivery of voice and broadband data traffic in point-to-point or hub and spoke communications.
ASMi-54L is part of the AXCESS+ portfolio of multi-service access and First Mile solutions.
- Maximises bandwidth utilisation of existing copper infrastructure with SHDSL.bis and EFM capabilities
- Reduces network equipment costs with multi-service Ethernet and E1 support
- Simplifies network operations and increases service reliability with a wide range of management options
- Reliable performance over poor quality or noisy lines
- Supports service provider QoS
- Dual-purpose device supporting CO or CPE configurations
The ASMi-54L SHDSL.bis modem is a cost-effective, managed device for extending E1 and
Fast Ethernet services over multi-pair bonded copper links. Ensuring reliable performance over poor quality or noisy lines, the ASMi-54L provides access rates of up to 11.4 Mbps over 4-wire connections or 15 Mbps over 2-wire. The device can achieve an extended service range of up to 2.6 km (1.825 miles) for each 5.7 Mbps pair at 26 AWG.
Ethernet capabilities and QoS support
Featuring a built-in Ethernet switch, the ASMi-54L SHDSL.bis modem includes up to four 10/100BaseT user ports and supports VLAN-aware and VLAN-unaware bridging. VLAN stacking (Q-in-Q) and stripping functionalities enable transparent traffic delivery over packet-switched networks with optimal efficiency. QoS (quality of service) levels are defined according to VLAN priority (802.1p), IP Precedence, DSCP, or per port, offering users flexibility in differentiating traffic handling depending on application requirements. Up to four priority queues are supported using Strict Priority (SP) scheduling. Fault propagation enables the units to shut down the Ethernet user port when an SHDSL line failure is detected. EFM bonding capabilities ensure that a failure or addition of a link does not drop the traffic being transmitted over the other wires in the group. Capacity is also maintained when a new link is added at a lower rate during Ethernet transmission.
Ethernet Link OAM (operations, administration and maintenance) support enables easy monitoring of network operations over SHDSL lines with quick fault detection with discovery, connectivity check and link fault propagation features. In addition, per-port rate limitation capabilities to allow better control of ingress Ethernet traffic.
The ASMi-54Lsupports the following management connections for configuration, monitoring and diagnostics:
- Local RS-232 terminal
- Telnet server, SNMP (ver.1)
- RADview-EMS Web server
- Network links for Inband management with a dedicated VLAN
- Four-port 10/100BaseT interface with integrated switch
- Optional E1 interface
- Standards-compliant SHDSL, including ITU-T G.991.2 and ETSI 101524
- TC-PAM 16 or TC-PAM 32 line coding
- EFM (Ethernet in the First Mile) bonding per IEEE 802.3-2005; M-Pair bonding for HDLC per G.991.2
- Ethernet OAM per IEEE 802.3-2005 (formerly 802.3ah)
- Ethernet rate limitation per port
- Ethernet switching and bridging capabilities; VLAN prioritisation and Ethernet QoS support
- Managed via SNMP, Telnet and ASCII terminal
- EOC (Embedded Operational Channel) management for repeater deployments
- Compact, half 19-inch plastic enclosure
- Fully interoperable with the ASMi-54 SHDSL.bis modem and the LRS-102 central copper mux rack
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio