With the Remotely Managed Fast Ethernet media converter solution, service providers can now monitor and manage the entire optical link from the Central Office (CO) to the Customer Premise Equipment (CPE).
When used in conjunction with a managed Point Systemâ„˘ chassis card, CRMFE10xx-200, this stand-alone unit can be managed remotely. This Fast Ethernet media converter provides a fully-managed conversion between 100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX signals at Customer Premises.
- Loopback.This feature puts a converter in a special mode that enables the device to loop back the signal from the RX port to the TX port on either media for testing and troubleshooting purposes.
- Bandwidth utilisation report. Allows service providers to gather information about customers' bandwidth utilisation. This information, in conjunction with Transition Networks' Focal Point 2 Collector Application, can automatically be recorded in the database and used to support service level agreements (SLAs) or reported back to the customer.
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u). Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- AutoCrossâ„˘. Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Link Pass Through is a troubleshooting feature that allows the media converter to monitor both the fiber and copper RX ports for loss of signal.
- Far End Fault (FEF). A troubleshooting feature that is generally used in conjunction with Link Pass Through to notify both end devices of a loss of link.
- Link Restoration. The converters will automatically re-establish link when connected to two 10/100 auto-negotiating switches if link is lost. With other manufacturers' converters the user must intervene to re-establish link.
- Pause (IEEE 802.3xy). Pause signalling is an IEEE feature that temporarily suspends data transmission between two devices in the event that one of the devices becomes overwhelmed.
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio