The Metrodata FC1X00 product family provides a high performance solution for extending and interconnecting E1 2Mbps G.703/G.704 and T1 1.5Mbps voice and data communication infrastructures using fibre optic cabling.
- Low cost voice or data trunk extension or trunk connection over fibre
- T1 ISDN PRI 23B+D datastreams transported
- DPNSS, Primary Rate ISDN-30 DASS and ISDN30e QSIG PBX trunk protocols supported
- Unchannelised and Fractional E1 router data also supported
- Payload, voice and data protocols and PBX signalling get passed through transparently
- Must be used in pairs
- BNC or RJ45 E1 connection selection via a switch
- Minimal configuration of unit needed
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 units in a 1U box
With the need to extend, or interconnect, communication infrastructures over greater distances, and the cost of fibre falling dramatically, the Metrodata FC1X00 Fibre Converter product range provides a cost effective solution for the extension of E1 (2.048Mbps) services.
There are three models in the range:
- FC1000 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over multimode fibre (up to 5km)
- FC1100 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over single mode short haul fibre (up to 30km)
- FC1200 E1 2Mbps G.703 or T1 1.544Mbps over single mode long haul fibre (up to 70km)
Using fibre optics the FC1X00 products extend the operating distance for a E1 2Mbps G.703 interface to 5km using low cost multimode fibre, or to either 30km or 70km using single mode fibre. Despite these quoted maximum operating distances for the FC1X00 products, specific installations may only operate over lower distances due to the variations in losses of different types of fibre cable, the use of connecting fibre cables, or patch panels. When operating over 50% of the maximum distances it is advisable to calculate all fibre optic connector and cable losses and compare these with the fibre optic loss budget specified for this product.
The FC1X00 products are totally transparent to both payload and protocol and as such will support unframed or framed data such as G.704, ISDN PRI, T1 or E1.
The standard FC1X00 is supplied with SC fibre connectors and operates at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 WDM. Other connector options are also available on request, e.g. ST, FC.
The FC1X00 G.703 connection is configurable between twin BNC coaxial connectors or a single RJ45. The G.703 interface supports direct connection to equipment such as Routers or PBXs, however a cross-over cable must be used to connect to an NTU.
The FC1X00 has integral mains or 40 volt power supply, and can be desktop or rack-mounted. The FC1X00 range can easily be rack-mounted in either a 1U two unit rack-mount kit, a 6U eighteen unit rack-mount kit or is available as a 1U quad box (which contains 4 x FC1X00 units).
The FC1X00 is also available in a card based format for use with the 4U 12-slot MetroRack managed chassis.
The FC1X00 is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio