- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u) (Copper & Fiber). Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- Transparent Link Pass Through sends a link-loss signal over the fiber, instructing the remote converter to shut down the copper portâ€”thus notifying the end deviceâ€”while maintaining the fiber link between the two converters.
- Automatic Link Restoration. Transition Networks's converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
- Pause (IEEE 802.3xy). Pause signaling is an IEEE feature that temporarily suspends data transmission between two devices in the event that one of the devices becomes overwhelmed.
- Remote Fault Detect (RFD) is a trouble shooting feature found on Gigabit Ethernet copper-to-fiber media converters. By enabling Remote Fault Detect on the remotely located media converter, the status of the fiber link will be monitored and any link failures will be reported back to the local converter. Should the remote converter lose its fiber RX signal, Remote Fault Detect will force the converter to shut down its fiber TX port. If Link Pass Though is enabled on both ends, then the copper ports will also be shut down to notify both end devices of the link failure.
- Enable Remote Fault Detect on the remote device
- Local end-device will be notified of remote fiber RX loss
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio