M-1600 is a member of the M-Series intelligent DWDM multiplexer family offering a hitless upgrade from 16 to 32 M-Series DWDM channels. M-1600 does not need the amplification and other signal conditioning elements of the M-1601.
The M-Series platform has two key modes of operation. In the first mode, it operates as an intelligent multiplexer where the DWDM transceiver connects straight from the host equipment to the corresponding port on the M-Series. This method of transporting “alien wavelengths” provides a cost effective plug and play embedded DWDM platform combining the features of a traditional telecom DWDM system with the simplicity and cost advantages of a passive multiplexer. This approach extends the longevity of the embedded DWDM networking approach with longer distance capabilities at higher speed protocols.
In the second mode of operation it can be used as a flexible DWDM multiplexer for any ITU standardized DWDM transponder or muxponder systems. Inputs from such systems as well as embedded DWDM wavelengths can all be used together with the M-Series for optimal networking flexibility. Traditional telecom-based transponder systems used to be the go-to transmission solution because they offer system management and amplification for longer distances. As M-Series has built in channel monitoring, amplification and signal conditioning, these hurdles are removed. So is the need for complicated systems to design, install and maintain. It is also the most compact solution available on the market.
Depending on the type of connectivity required, it can be configured with any combination of EDFAs and DCM modules to handle all protocols up to 100Gbps. Due to this flexibility, each network is configured to its exact requirements. The footprint for the network is drastically reduced as is the required system wiring.
Any combination of data and storage traffic can be connected together on the same system. Distances of up to 500km are easily achieved with standard DWDM ER transceivers but if shorter distances are required, M-Series can be used as an intelligent passive multiplexer. The M-1601 base model is a 16 Channel Mux/Demux which can be expanded to 32 channels by connecting the M1600 module.
The low power consumption (68W) provides a great deal of flexibility when planning the network and makes M-Series the ideal Data Centre connectivity platform. The fully automated SmartOS Management System ensures a truly plug and play experience and provides all the features necessary to handle the challenges in today’s fiber network requirements. The system automatically adjusts to the correct power levels and intuitive front panel LEDs guide the user through the installation process.
• Flexible networking Embedded or transponder-based intelligent DWDM multiplexer. Integrated amplification, dispersion control and system management.
• SmartOS Fully featured automated management system adjusts all power levels to optimum values. Optical signal monitoring and system management.
• Compact building practice ETSI300 1U x 19” form factor
• Protocol transparency Support for any combination of SAN and WAN traffic - 100Mbps to 100Gbps
• Robust Redundant hot pluggable power supply units (PSUs). Field serviceable network management board without traffic interruption.
• Easy setup No user required set up of signal inputs LED guide lights for easy deployment including channel recognition
• Channel Density 16 channel expansion module. When connected to M-1601 increases system capacity from 16 to 32 DWDM channels
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio