M-4000 is a member of the M-Series intelligent DWDM multiplexer family. It is a 1U inline EDFA (Erbium Doped Fibre Amplifier) used to extend the reach of point to point networks by delivering additional power budget to the system. It can be used as a line east or line west amplifier or both line east and line west, depending on the network conditions and system requirement. The unit comes with corresponding DCM modules.
The low power consumption (68W) provides a great deal of flexibility when planning the network and makes M-Series the ideal Data Centre connectivity platform. The fully automated SmartOS Management System ensures a truly plug and play experience and provides all the features necessary to handle the challenges in today’s fiber network requirements. The system automatically adjusts to the correct power levels and intuitive front panel LEDs guide the user through the installation process.
• Flexible networking Embedded or transponder-based intelligent DWDM multiplexer. Integrated amplification, dispersion control and system management.
• SmartOS Fully featured automated management system adjusts all power levels to optimum values. Optical signal monitoring and system management.
• Compact building practice ETSI300 1U x 19” form factor
• Protocol transparency Support for any combination of SAN and WAN traffic - 100Mbps to 100Gbps
• Robust Redundant hot pluggable power supply units (PSUs). Field serviceable network management board without traffic interruption.
• Easy setup No user required set up of signal inputs LED guide lights for easy deployment including channel recognition
• Channel Density 16 channels. Can be increased to 32 channels with M-1600
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio