MALC-XP 1U MSAN
The Zhone MALC-XP provides next generation MSAP features in a compact, hardened form-factor that makes it easy and cost-effective to deliver uncompromised triple play services throughout serving area.
Service providers are challenged by the need to deliver high-bandwidth IP-enabled services throughout their territories. The compact MALC-XP solves the challenge when deployed close to subscribers, reducing loop-lengths for increased bandwidth.
The MALC-XP combines industry-leading functionality with ease of deployment for a robust and complete access solution. The MALC-XP extends the benefits of next-generation BLCs throughout the service territory, ensuring universal coverage of advanced services. The MALC-XP works seamlessly with Zhone's residential gateways and high-density MSAPs, providing a complete Access solution from the Central Office to the Remote Control.
The Fast/Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on XP family products can be configured as linear, RPR ring, or aggregated links. An OSP (outside plant) enclosure version enables pole-mount, pedestal, or underground deployment for even greater range and flexibility.
- Triple-Play Services in a 1U Multi Service Access Platform (MSAP)
- 48 Port ADSL2+ with POTS (VoIP)
- Integrated IP DSLAM, VoIP Line Access Gateway, and IP Video Delivery Platform
- Integrated Emergency Stand-Alone (ESA)
- Full-Featured VoIP: MGCP, SIP, SIP-PLAR, H.248
- Environmentally Hardened
- Optional Watertight OSP Enclosure for Pole, Pedestal, or Underground Deployment
- Fiber or, Copper Fed Dual 100/1000Mbps Uplinks with RPR, RSTP (802.w), or LAG/LACP (802.3ad)
- WebGUI, CLI, SNMP Management
- Proven. Approved. Deployed
Ease of Management
MALC-XP provides simple yet powerful management facility via embedded Web GUI along with complete NMS integration.
Universal Broadband & Advanced Voice Capabilities
MALC-XP enables delivery of guaranteed bandwidth and services to your full service territory.
MALC-XP delivers standard lifeline POTS to subscribers, then encodes voice traffic as carrier-class VoIP for transport over a resilient Gigabit Ethernet network. Integrated Emergency Stand-Alone (ESA) capabilities allow the MALC-XP to continue to provide local voice service in the event of a network disruption.
Triple Play Services
MALC-XP includes high-performance packet processing with advanced IP capabilities to deliver secure, reliable, and efficient voice, data, and video services. Now service providers can offer compelling bundles of multi-line voice, high-speed Internet access, and multi-set IP video (including HDTV) over their existing copper infrastructure.
Optical or Copper Transport
MALC-XP provides dual 100/1000Mbps uplinks, supporting both copper and fiber, to provide simple cost-effective transport. The dual GigE ports allow daisy-chained linear or ring deployments, and on rings the MALC-XP provides standards-based RPR support to ensure < 50msec restoration in the event of a ring fault.
End-to-End Access Management
The easy-to-use Zhone Management System (ZMS) provides OSMINE-certified management and provisioning across the access network, from CPE to the Central Office. The MALC-XP is fully remote managed, allowing carriers to reduce service turn-up intervals, reduce truck rolls, and ultimately, improve customer service.
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 1.72in H x 17.31in W x 9.61in D
- 4.37cm H x 43.97 cm W x 24.41 cm D
- 20lbs (9kg)
- DC: -43.75V to -62V
- Optional AC and Line Power Supplies
- Uplink Interfaces:
- - (2) 100/1000Mbps Ethernet (Copper or, Fiber) SFP slots
Subscriber Line Interfaces:
- 48 ADSL2+ (ITU G.992.5 A/B/M)
- (2) 50-pin connectors for local loop DSL and POTS connections
Serial craft interface
- Alarm Relay connections
- Narrowband Test Control and Access Ports
- ANSI T1.413 Issue 2
- G.994.1 (G.handshake)
- G.997.1 (physical layer management)
- G.992.1 (full-rate G.dmt)
- G.992.3 (ADSL2) Annex A
- G.992.5 (ADSL2+) Annex A, Annex M
- MGCP (RFC 3435) signaling
- SIP (RFC 3261) signaling
- G.711 encoding with G.168 echo cancellation
- G.729 with G.711 fallback
- T.38 Fax Relay (SIP/MGCP*)
- Hybrid signaling support
- Loopstart and groundstart
- IP host and gateway support
- RIP v1 (RFC 1058) RIP v2 (RFC 2453)
- RFC 1483/2684 encapsulation
- DHCP server (RFC 2131, 2132), DHCP Relay with Option 82
- Bridging 802.1D support
- VLAN 802.1p/q support
- RSTP 802.w support
- Link Aggregation and LACP 802.3ad support
- Dense / sparse multicast support, IGMPv2
- Integrated access control and content protection
- PPPoA to PPPoE Interworking, PPPoE Intermediate Agent
- RADIUS Authentication
- In-band IP
- Out-band IP over 10/100BT Ethernet or V.24 RS-232 serial for async terminal
- ZMS (Zhone Management System) via SNMP v2c for GUI and CORBA IDL machine interface
- Embdedded Web Graphical Interface
- Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Data rates provisionable up to 24Mbps
- Distances up to 24,000ft/7,320m
- Safety: UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, AS / NZS 3260, TS 001
- Emissions: FCC Part 15 Class A, ICES-003 Class A, EN 55022A
- Immunity: NEBS GR-1089-Core level 3, EN 55024, EN 55082-1, T1.601-1992
- Environmental: NEBS GR-63-Core level 3, ETS 300 019-2-x, ISTA
- Network Certification: FCC Part 68, CTR-12, CTR-13, DOC CS-03, TSO 16, GR-57
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 149°F (-40°C to 65°C)
- Storage temperature: -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C)
- Humidity: Up to 85%, non-condensing
- Altitude: -200ft to 16,500ft (-60m to 5,000m)
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio