Management Module for the ION Chassis
To take full advantage of the features and functions available with the ION Chassis, an ION Management Module is required. The ION Management Module connects to the chassis backplane and communicates with the individual cards in the ION Chassis. Only management traffic - no end-user data traffic - is sent across the ION Chassis backplane to maintain security.
Each slide-in-module for the ION Chassis has specific features and functions that are controlled via the ION Management Module. A network administrator can configure, monitor and troubleshoot ION slide in-modules remotely via the ION Management Module. This remote management helps reduce operating expenses (OpEx) by reducing technician dispatches. Remote Management allows for faster meantime-to-repair (MTTR) by proactively receiving traps and alerts on potential issues. With less down-time you are able to focus on revenue generating aspects of your business.
Transition Networks understands that no network is managed in the same manner and that different security levels and management interfaces are often required depending on the deployment of the ION Chassis.
With that in mind, we have made the ION Management Module one of the most versatile and secure management modules available today.
- Web-browser: Access the ION Management Module using a standard web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): CLI access can be done via telnet remotely or via the local console port on the ION Management Module.
- SNMP: Since the ION platform is based on public MIBs you can easily manage the ION with a standard network management system (NMS) such as SNMPc, HPOV or any other standard SNMP platform.
- Focal Point: Transition Networks offers a free SNMP graphical user interface (GUI) software (Focal Point) for the management purposes. Focal Point offers full read and read/write capabilities in a user friendly GUI.
These security features allow you to control access to the ION Chassis via the ION Management Module to ensure that only authorized personnel are able to view and change the settings to the slide-in-modules.
- Management VLAN
- SNMPv1& v2
- (v3 via future firmware upgrade)
- ACL Rules
- Variety of management access methods including; telnet, web, SNMP
- Single slot design allows for more slide-in-modules to be inserted in the ION Chassis
- Based on Public MIBs
- 2 10/100 Ethernet interfaces
- USB console port
- TFTP upgrade/backup of slide-in-modules
- Import/Export configuration files in human readable / editable format
- Multiple community strings
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio