Transition Networks's Optical Line Converter offers protocol transparent connectivity between fiber optical links with an added flexibility of Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) technology. xFMFF4040-100 is a universal platform to accommodate any optical conversion options available via SFP interfaces.
These converters offer an excellent upgrade path for the networks. Today's Fast Ethernet applications can be upgraded to Gigabit speeds tomorrow with a simple SFP swap. The converter remains installed, managed and fully operational at any of these speeds.
Two SFP module slots allow for seamless connectivity between different wavelengths or fiber modes for speeds up to 2.5Gbps. Protocol independence allows for use in broad range of applications including Fast and Gigabit Ethernet, FDDI, ESCON, SONET OC-3, OC-12, OC-48 and Fibre Channel.
Digital diagnostics provide vital information about the state of your optical connection.
- Two SFP Slots for SFP interfaces
- CWDM and DWDM SFP-ready platform
- Link Pass Through is a troubleshooting feature that allows the media converter to monitor both the fiber and copper RX ports for loss of signal.
- DMI, Digital diagnostics per SFF-8472
- Protocol Transparency
- Automatic Link Restoration. Transition Networks's converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
- Remote Firmware Upgrade
- Point System™ Chassis. Can be used with any Point System™ Chassis.
- Optical Intrusion Detection. Monitor the physical layer of optical networks for signal strength degradation. The user can specify the threshold for sudden signal strength deterioration. Such a change often indicates a physical intrusion or fiber damage.
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio