Enables enterprises to provide power to network devices over the existing CAT5 data connection.
Transition's AC powered PoE media converters combine data received over a fiber optic link with -48VDC power; providing power to Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) Power Devices (PD) over unshielded twisted pair cable. The PoE converters are Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) and are fully compatible with Powered Devices (PD) that comply with the IEEE802.3af™: 2003 standard. The converters also include a PD signature sensing and power monitoring features per the IEEE 802.3af standard. Other features include Over-Current Protection, Under-Current Detection and Fault Protection Input.
This feature enhanced model offers the ability to enable/disable many of the features as well as force port capabilities (see switch section under Specifications).
In addition, with the PSE/LPT switch enabled, a loss of Fiber RX will disable PSE power output on the UTP port for 2 seconds to allow remote device to re-initialise.
The PoE converter is fully compatible with devices that comply with the IEEE802.3af standard. The PoE converter is capable of inserting power on data pairs of the MDI.
- External AC power supply
- IEEE 802.3af Power Over Ethernet compatible
- 48 VDC PSE output voltage
- Signal Pair Power Insertion
- PD Detection Signature
- Over-Current Protection & Under-Current Detection
- Powered Device Reset
- Minimum Load Sensing
- Fault Protection Input
- Auto-Negotiation (802.3u). Allows devices to perform automatic configuration to achieve the best possible mode of operation over a link.
- AutoCross™. Automatically detects and configures the twisted pair port on the converter to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Link Pass Through is a troubleshooting feature that allows the media converter to monitor both the fiber and copper RX ports for loss of signal.
- Far End Fault (FEF). A troubleshooting feature that is generally used in conjunction with Link Pass Through to notify both end devices of a loss of link.
- Automatic Link Restoration. Transition Networks's converters will automatically re-establish link in all network conditions.
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio