MiNID is a field-programmable miniature L2/L3 network interface device (NID), available as an SFP sleeve and in a standalone enclosure. Part of RAD's Distributed Network Functions Virtualisation (D-NFV) portfolio, it enriches the Service Assured Access offering with software-defined functionalities for enhanced demarcation, remote monitoring, fault isolation, and more.
The MiNID provides instant upgrade for legacy switches and routers to help service providers, mobile operators and wholesale carriers introduce new services quickly and with better quality of experience (QoE) while increasing operational efficiency and lowering costs. Remotely managed via CLI, web interface and SNMP, it features zero-touch provisioning for fast and simple installation and does not require dedicated training.
- Field programmable Network Interface Device (NID) for service providers, wholesalers, and mobile operators
- Part of RAD's Distributed Network Functions Virtualisation (D-NFV) portfolio
- Patent-protected SPF sleeve design for seamless integration and enhancement of any existing network device
- Service demarcation, SLA assurance and diagnostic tools at Layer-2, 3, and 4
- Low OpEx due to decreased power consumption, space and installation costs
MARKET SEGMENTS AND APPLICATIONS
As an important part of the toolkit offered by RAD's Service Assured Access portfolio, MiNID is the perfect solution for service assurance in residential and mobile back-hauling networks, small cells, business services, and wholesale services.
As a service demarcation device, MiNID ensures proper service handling throughout the service provider network by attaching service VLANs and adding priority marking to multiple services at the customer premises.
Simultaneously, MiNID offers multi-layer performance monitoring tools for every service. At Layer-2, it offers OAM and PM tools that actively measure key performance indicators including delay, jitter, and packet loss rate. At Layer-3, its integrated TWAMP-light and UDP echo responders allow seamless monitoring across any packet network and in multi-vendor environments.
MiNID also participates in service activation tests and offers wire-speed Layer-2/3/4 loopbacks for diagnostic purposes.
For the mobile back-hauling market, MiNID SFP sleeve offers SyncE support including transparent ESSM message forwarding.
MiNID can be ordered as an FE or GbE device. The GbE option supports auto-negotiation and can support both rates.
For service demarcation, MiNID provides:
- Port-based and flow-based classification of multiple services
- Flow classification per VLAN range,P-bits, DSCP, EtherType, source/destination MAC address
- VLAN addition or replacement per flow with priority marking per P-bits and DSCP
- Layer-2 control protocol tunnelling with optional MAC change (L2PT).
MONITORING AND DIAGNOSTICS
MiNID provides the following OAM tools per EVC.COS or untagged traffic:
- IEEE-802.1ag (CFM) for continuity check, loopback, and link trace
- ITU-T Y.1731 for loss (synthetic and real traffic), delay, and delay variation measurements, as well as fault propagation (AIS/RDI)
- IEEE 802.3-2005 link OAM and dying gasp trap
- RFC-5357 TWAMP responder with multiple session reflectors offering hardware-based time stamping.
MiNID can perform on-demand intrusive and non-intrusive Layer-2/3/4 loopbacks at wire speed, with optional MAC, IP and UDP port swap per flow. MiNID also offers UDP echo responder functionality.
Service Activation Tests
MiNID responds to RFC-2544 and Y.1564 service activation tests at wire speed.
Digital Diagnostic Monitoring
Digital Diagnostics Monitoring (DDM) information is stored on the MiNID. This information can be forwarded to the host or retrieved directly from the device via a remote management system.
MiNID can work “out-of-the-box” automatically detecting and responding to L2, L3,L4 loopbacks and OAM traffic with minimal installation effort and no configuration. The auto-responder mode is transparent to user traffic and provides smooth introduction of service visibility into the network.
Please see data sheet
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio