RAD's RIC-E1 serial interface converter offers conversion between E1 interfaces and standard data communications interfaces V.35, X.21, V.36, and RS-530, as well as Fast Ethernet, Ethernet bridge or IP router. The modular design allows for simple interchanging of the interfaces.
- Provides standard conversion interfaces
- High-speed seamless conversion between systems
- Loop testing ensures accurate transmission
- Chassis and standalone options for greater flexibility
The RIC-E1 offers conversion between E1 interfaces and standard data communications interfaces. The unit converts the ITU-T G.703 E1 2.048 Mbps interface to V.35, X.21, V.36, RS-530, Fast Ethernet, or Ethernet bridge.
Transparent connect to LANs and VLANs
When equipped with an Ethernet interface, RIC-E1 transparently connects remote LANs and VLANs over unframed E1 links utilising the full E1 bandwidth. All of the above mentioned interfaces are easily interchangeable thanks to the modular design.
Operating full duplex at a rate of 2.048 Mbps, the RIC-E1 has a range of 300 meters (1,000 ft) from the G.703 equipment. It performs a diagnostic loop test in compliance with ITU V.54 standard (loop 3) local analog loop (LLB). The bridge loops are activated by the DTE interface or by a strap jumper on the PCB.
The RIC-E1 supports receive, external and internal clocking options from G.703 equipment.
The product is available as a standalone unit in lightweight enclosures, or as a card for the ASM-MN-214 rack. The ASM-MN-214 can hold up to 14 hot-swappable converter cards, allowing mixing and matching any combination of card types.
- Converts between V.35, X.21, V.36, RS-530, or Ethernet or Fast Ethernet bridge to unframed E1 interfaces
- Available as a standalone unit or cards for the ASM-MN-214 rack
- 2.048 Mbps bit rate in E1
- Receive, internal and external clocking options
- AC or DC power supply
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio