Transition Networks's serial RS232 to Fiber Media Converter allows you to extend the distance between serial connections with the use of fiber optic cable. This full-featured converter transmits the full complement of RS232 flow control/handshaking signals optically and supports full or half-duplex asynchronous data transmission at speeds up to 115Kb/s.
The diagnostic features included on this converter make installation easy and intuitive. A DTE/DCE switch eliminates the frustration over selecting the appropriate cable. A loop-back switch allows for complete diagnostic testing prior to system turn-up or during troubleshooting. Unit and Port LEDs allow for quick status information of the converter.
- Read/write access to remote stand-alone unit
- Loopback (Local or Remote on copper and fiber)
- This feature puts a converter in a special mode that enables the device to loop back the signal from the RX port to the TX port on either media for testing and troubleshooting purposes.
- DTE/DCE switch for easy installation with straight-through cabling
- Full/Half-duplex asynchronous transmission at speeds up to 115Kb/s
Supports the following flow control signaling:
- DCD - Data Carrier Detect
- RXD - Receive Data
- TXD - Transmit Da
- DTR - Data Terminal Ready
- SG - Signal Ground
- DSR - Data Set Ready
- RTS - Request To Send
- CTS - Clear To Send
- Report converter status to chassis management software
- Local Fiber Lock status
- Local/Remote Hardware/Software mode
- Local/Remote Loop-Back
- Local/Remote DTE/DCE mode
- Local/Remote link status
- Write operation includes:
- Local Loop-Back
- Remote Loop-Back
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio