Remote Management with a Stand-Alone Device
When used in conjunction with a managed Point System™ chassis, this stand-alone unit can be managed remotely. The Remotely Managed T1/E1 copper to fiber media converter will provide a solution for users who desire to extend their T1 or E1 circuits over fiber and remotely manage them "in-band" from admin locations.
- Remote unit "in-band" management
- Local or Remote Loop-backs on copper or fiber in software mode
- Loopback switch facilitates local installation
- Converts the copper ports on T1/E1 devices, such as a PBX or T1/E1 Router, to multimode or single mode fiber.
- Extends distances 2,000 meters over multimode fiber or 80,000 meters over single mode fiber.
- Switch selectable RJ-48 connectors for T1 or E1.
- Jitter attenuators optimize Bit Error Rate (BER) performance.
- Network debug procedures make BER testing more convenient.
- Built-in troubleshooting with the addition of a selectable TAOS (Transmit All Ones) switch on the fiber and copper interfaces allows the network engineer to test all T1/E1 equipment on that network segment and ensure the network link.
- Dry relay contacts enable the media converter to be tied into a separate alarm circuit commonly found in a T1/E1 twisted pair environment. Contacts will be activated on loss of power or loss of fiber link.
- An LED provides Alarm Indication Signal (AIS).
- Can be used with fractional T1/E1 circuits.
- Report converter status: Copper & Fiber Link Status. Hardware switch settings: LBO, AIS Copper, AIS Fiber, HW/SW. AIS detected Copper & Fiber. Model Number. Copper & Fiber Connector
- Remote commands: Loop-back Copper & Fiber. AIS transmitted on Fiber on loss of Copper link. AIS transmitted on Copper on loss of Fiber link
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customerâ€™s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio