The Remotely Managed T1/E1 copper to fiber media converter will provide a solution for users who desire to extend their T1 or E1 circuits over fiber and remotely manage them "in-band" from admin locations.
- Remote unit "in-band" management
- Local or Remote Loop-backs on copper or fiber in software mode
- Loopback switch facilitates local installation
- Converts the copper ports on T1/E1 devices, such as a PBX or T1/E1 Router, to multimode or single mode fiber
- Extends distances 2,000 meters over multimode fiber or 80,000 meters over single mode fiber.
- Switch selectable RJ-48 connectors for T1 or E1
- Jitter attenuators optimize Bit Error Rate (BER) performance
- Network debug procedures make BER testing more convenient
- Built-in troubleshooting with the addition of a selectable TAOS (Transmit All Ones) switch on the fiber and copper interfaces allows the network engineer to test all T1/E1 equipment on that network segment and ensure the network link.
- Dry relay contacts enable the media converter to be tied into a separate alarm circuit commonly found in a T1/E1 twisted pair environment. Contacts will be activated on loss of power or loss of fiber link.
- An LED provides Alarm Indication Signal (AIS)
- Can be used with fractional T1/E1 circuits.
Point System™ Management Features:
- Report local or remote converter status:
- Copper & Fiber Link status
- Hardware switch settings: LBO, AIS Copper, AIS Fiber, HW/SW
- AIS detected Copper & Fiber
- Model Number
- Copper & Fiber Connector
- Local or remote command operations include:
- Loop-back Copper & Fiber
- AIS transmitted on Fiber on loss of Copper link
- AIS transmitted on Copper on loss of Fiber link
- Boot-load firmware
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio