RAD's DXC-8R digital cross-connect node provides digital access and cross-connect for multiple services, supporting a wide range of applications for carriers, cellular operators, ISPs, utilities, transportation, campus networks and enterprises. The point-to-multipoint DXC-8R can broadcast any traffic combination from a single input to numerous destinations and provides non-blocking cross-connect for up to 120 lines.
The modular digital cross-connect unit supports E1/T1 conversion, inverse multiplexing, signalling monitoring, grooming of fractional traffic, and transmission of T1 circuits over E1 lines. Services supported include n x 56/64 kbps, ISDN, E1/T1, E3/T3, xDSL, and STM-1 over copper, fibre or xDSL media.
To ensure maximum system reliability, the DXC-8R digital cross-connect node can be equipped with full or partial redundancy and protection solutions.
The compact 1U-high DXC-8R supports up to 32 ports. It is fully redundant and includes two power supplies, two common logic modules and four I/O slots for the plug-in interface modules.
- Leased line services can be delivered at lower capital and operational costs
- Small footprint allows easy installation in street cabinets and cell tower sites
- Bundled services can be delivered over copper or fibre optic lines with integrated fibre optic, SHDSL and IDSL modems
- Central management solutions simplify system organisation, administration and management
The DXC digital cross-connect family consists of modular multi-service access nodes providing non-blocking DS0 cross-connect for up to 120 lines. Plug-in interface modules can accommodate up to eight links each. Many services are supported, including n x 56/64 kbps, ISDN, E1, T1, E3, T3, STM-1 and inverse multiplexing.
The DXC family serves as the central solution for many RAD or other standards-based products. The DXC-8R chassis is geared for installations that require a compact unit (e.g., cellular base stations) or lower capacity of up to 40 ports (e.g., a carrier's initial stage of deployment).
- E1/T1 access platform over SHDSL, IDSL, fibre or copper, featuring data/voice concentration and integrated management
- Conversion/gateway between T1 and E1 networks, for both data and voice
- High-speed access (e.g., Ethernet, HSSI) to a carrier's high speed digital backbone over n x E1/T1, E3/T3 or STM-1, where n represents one to eight lines
- Distributing services from an SDH or other network to a wide variety of end users by creating an E1/T1 or STM-1 daisy chain
- Grooming fractional trunks to full trunks
- Maximising data traffic payload over E3, T3 or STM-1 trunks
- Grooming of monitoring signals (SS7 or other) for advanced services and Quality of Service
- Broadcasting identical data to multiple destinations
- Cross-connecting trunks at the point-of-presence (POP)
- Grooming a variety of services at the POP over n x E1/T1, E3/T3 or STM-1
- Video conferencing using DIM, inverse multiplexing modules
- Modular construction with four, five or 15 I/O slots allows maximum flexibility between ports
- Point to multipoint broadcast capabilities
- Supports up to 32 ports
- Services supported: n x 56/64 kbps, ISDN, IDSL, SHDSL, E1, T1, E3, T3, and STM-1
- Inverse multiplexing up to 15.7 Mbps
- Optional system redundancy
- Optional link and/or hardware protection
- Built-in E1/T1 converter including A-law/μ-law and signalling conversion for PCM time slots
- Diagnostic capabilities include local and remote loopbacks and BER test
- Auxiliary control from an ASCII terminal SNMP agent for in-band and out-of-band network management using RADview software
- Compact 1U-high unit
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio