Technology Partner Raisecom Launches a 10 Gigabit MEF CE2.0- Compliant EDD
The cost-effective Ethernet Demarcation Device (EDD) allows providers to easily expand capacity for high bandwidth applications and upgrade their Metro Ethernet Access Network from 1GE to 10GE.
Raisecom launches the RAX711C, a 10 gigabit MEF CE2.0- compliant EDD. The cost-effective EDD is only 1U high, and allows providers to easily expand capacity in high bandwidth applications like inter-data centre connectivity and cloud connectivity for rich media applications.
Roughly 10% of business connections in Europe are already using 10G, and demand is expected to accelerate rapidly in the near future.
“Our customers were requesting a 10G EDD that could deliver the highest performance and SLAs, but at an affordable Raisecom price,” said Dario Zipris, EVP Business Development at Raisecom “and that’s what we’ve developed.”
The RAX711-C has successfully passed field trials with Tier-1 service providers in both Europe and Latin America.
The 10 Gigabit EDD joins Raisecom’s highly successful lineup of gigabit Ethernet switches that are Carrier Ethernet certified.
“Our CE2.0 switches are successfully deployed in tier-1 service provider networks all over the world,” says Jeff Chen, EDD/PTN CPE Product Line manager at Raisecom. “I expect the RAX-711C will be rapidly adopted by markets in need of a combination of higher bandwidth and assured services solution.”
- 10G demarcation, with 4*10G SFP+ ports and 12 1G SFP ports
- Full MEF- CE2.0 services including end-to-end SLA monitoring
- MPLS-TP and future migration to L3 and IP-MPLS ( by S/W upgrade)
- Affordable & compact 1U, ½ 19” system with redundant power supply (AC/DC)
- Synchronisation : SYNC-E and 1588-TC
- Perfect for rich media cloud connectivity, data centres and mobile backhaul
SDN Ready, Future SW upgrade supporting SDN ( Openflow 1.3, adaption of METCONF/YANG)
- Extended temperature range (standard ordering option) : -20-65c (AC power supply), -20-65c (DC power supply)
The Kenton Group are a distributor of Raisecom products. For more information please contact us on +44(0)1322 552000 or email us.