The FC2X00 product family offers a zero configuration plug and play solution for multimode to single mode fibre conversion at data rates of 100Mbps and 155Mbps.
- Simple single mode to multimode conversion
- Use instead of expensive single mode router interfaces
- Low cost fibre interfacing
- Operates at 100Mbps for Fast Ethernet and 155Mbps for OC-3/STM-1
- Payload and protocol transparent
- Zero configuration required - just plug & go
- Easy to install & maintain
- Integral auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions)
- 12-24V DC power supply available on request
- External alarm relay port
- Compact modem style unit, built to European standards
- Rack mounting kits for 2 or 18 units available
- Quad option available with 4 units in a 1U box
High capacity routers, ATM switches and other CPE increasingly need to be interconnected by high-speed fibre links, and except within buildings most fibre installations are single mode for performance reasons. However single mode interfaces on CPE such as routers are inherently expensive, and so it is generally more cost effective to use a multimode CPE interface along with the Metrodata FC2X00 multimode to single mode converter.
With the need to extend, or interconnect, communication infrastructures over greater distances, the Metrodata FC2X00 Fibre Converter product range provides a cost effective solution for the extension of Fast Ethernet (100Mbps) and STM-1/OC-3 (155Mbps) services.
There are two models in the range:
- FC2000 100Mbps and 155Mbps multimode to single mode short haul fibre (up to 30km)
- FC2500 100Mbps and 155Mbps multimode to single mode long haul fibre (up to 70km)
Using fibre optics the FC2X00 products extend the operating distance for a 100Mbps or 155Mbps multimode fibre to either 30km or 70km using single mode fibre. Despite these quoted maximum operating distances for the FC2X00 products, specific installations may only operate over lower distances due to the variations in losses of different types of fibre cable, the use of connecting fibre cables, or patch panels. When operating over 50% of the maximum distances it is advisable to calculate all fibre optic connector and cable losses and compare these with the fibre optic loss budget specified for this product.
The FC2X00 products are totally transparent to both payload and protocol, and as such will convert whatever information at 100Mbps or 155Mbps is contained within the light stream from one fibre mode to the other. It requires NO configuration and has a single LED for status.
The standard FC2X00 is supplied with SC fibre connectors and operates at a nominal wavelength of 1300nm. Other wavelengths are available on request, e.g. 850nm, 1550nm, 1550/1300 WDM. Other connector options are also available on request, e.g. ST, FC.
The FC2X00 has integral mains or 40 volt power supply, and can be desktop or rack-mounted. The FC2X00 range can easily be rack-mounted in either a 1U two unit rack-mount kit , a 6U eighteen unit rack-mount kit or is available as a 1U quad box (which contains 4 x FC2X00 units).
The FC2X00 is part of a range of fibre conversion products from Metrodata. The wider product range offers fibre conversion solutions ranging from 300 baud RS-232, via Nx64kbps rates, through 2Mbps and up to 155Mbps for electrical to fibre conversion; or 155Mbps, 622Mbps or Gigabit Ethernet for fibre mode or wavelength conversion.
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio