The FCM9005 Advanced Ethernet Demarcation Device is powerful & versatile offering cost-effective copper & fibre demarcation for Carrier Ethernet Service Providers.
- Managed Ethernet Demarcation Device for Ethernet Services
- Up to 1Gbps with both Copper & Fibre LAN and Network Ports
- 802.3ah & 802.1ag OAM service integrity checking (EFM, CFM)
- Integrated RFC2544 and Y.1564 test traffic generation, loopback and reporting, for both Layer-2 (Ethernet MAC) and Layer-3 (IP) traffic
- Y.1731 and 'TWAMP-lite' support for in-service L-2 (Ethernet) and L-3 (IP) traffic Latency, Jitter and Packet-Loss performance monitoring & alarming
- Supports automated OTDR based fault detection
- MetroSAM' hardware for wire speed SLA measurement & verification
- 'Zero Touch' fully automated discovery, installation and provisioning process.
- Support for Performance-Assured Ethernet (PAE) Services
- Customer VLAN and Q-in-Q support for service differentiation
- Traffic prioritisation & Rate Limiting, with Policing and Colour Marking
- Link Loss Forwarding, L2CP tunnelling and Jumbo Frame Support (10kb)
- Redundant Dual AC Failover PSU version available
- Compact unit with robust metal housing and integral power supply
- Auto-sensing power supply (100-250V AC or -40V DC versions), 12-24V DC on request
- Designed and manufactured in the UK
The FCM9005 offers a sophisticated but cost effective demarcation solution for Ethernet Service Providers, with flexible interface options. The ‘MetroSAM' service assurance architecture allows wire speed measurement of the key parameters necessary to ensure compliance with customer SLAs. These measurements can also be performed in-service against programmable thresholds to prove that the service continues to operate effectively over the longer term. This proactive fault detection assists in the rapid isolation of potential service problems enabling SLA assurance whilst reducing operational costs (OPEX).
The FCM9005 supports Metrodata's ‘zero-touch-commissioning' (ZTC) process, minimising both on-site installation time and the engineering skills required. This auto-provisioning process reduces on-site installation to a ‘plug and play' exercise, simple enough for the end user to perform themselves, i.e. simply checking that the Ethernet LEDs indicate correct physical connectivity. The EDD auto-discovers its management connection, IP address and TFTP server, then downloads its individual service definition parameters and management system contact details.The EDD then performs a carrier specific series of SLA measurements to micro-second resolution and proves that all of the service parameters have been provisioned properly. Once the service has been fully proven, the EDD sends the SLA verification birth certificate to the NOC for inclusion into the Service Provider's provisioning documentation and then auto-provisions itself. Subsequent in-service SLA verification measurements then continue to check that service levels are being maintained and notify of any drop in performance below a set of programmable thresholds.
The FCM9005 has a powerful ITU-T Y.1564 / RFC-2544 performance benchmark testing capability on- board, which can be scripted to match the specific installation procedures of individual Service Providers. Full CIR/CBS/EIR/EBS testing can be performed on multiple flows simultaneously, with micro-second resolution hardware time stamping, for either Layer-2 or Layer-3 traffic, enabling effective utilisation for both pure Ethernet and IP-Routed network infrastructures. Should the EDD suffer a loss of power then a Dying Gasp 802.3ah message and Trap are sent to provide immediate notification of the reason for service loss. All of this functionality combined with the sophisticated in-service SLA verification against programmable thresholds, dramatically impacts on the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of Ethernet Service Provision.
The FCM9005 is available in a choice of power supplies:
- 100-250 VAC integrated PSU
- Redundant failover Dual AC integrated PSU
- -48 VDC integrated PSU
- 12V-24V DC available on request
Our service portfolio is tailored to each individual customer’s needs. We aim to offer complimentary services to our customers to help them deliver the service level agreements they are contracted to provide.
For more information, view our Service Portfolio